The things that will be...


So tomorrow will be the start of a brand new year. Can you believe it? If you are anything like me, you are ready. Ready for the new challenges, opportunities and experiences that a new year brings, and ready to see the close of the year that was. Of course, just like me, there might be a little bit of trepidation as the new year approaches. As much as it is a fresh start, there is also a bit of presumption that comes with that shiny number 1 on the calendar.Almost a heavy expectation that suddenly life is going to be better or something. Lucky for me [and hopefully for you] I don't tend to buy into that bullshit. New years resolutions fade, things happen, priorities change. In reality the 1st of January is just another day, in a series of days, to lead to weeks, months and years that make up our lives.


But, of course, it is important to set intentions. I mean checking google maps before you leave home is always a good idea right? Of course it is, you want to at least have a bit of a direction. I am trying really hard this year not to narrow my focus to much. I know in previous years as I sit to write this sort of post, I make these big grand commitments and a few weeks later they are on the back burner because life got in the way. Well to be honest, life is the big commitment for me this year. Focusing on all life and living. Focusing on me. Have I lost you? Stay with me, it will get clearer [ok it might not, but I'm going to try ok] If I was going to sum up my intention for 2017 in a word, I think it would be something like 'alignment'. I want to get my shit together. I want to find that golden thread, I want to sit here at the end of the next 12 months and write that I accomplished all that I set out to. I want to accomplish them, for no body else, apart from myself. I want to do something for me. I want to kick ass. And, I am quietly confident, that I can say, I am going to.

So, what am I actually going to do? Well, thats a good question. I have thought about how I should articulate this. There are some things I can tick off, clear measurable items, you know, the kind of things auditors would be stoked with, and then there is the more holistic kind of intentions. The ones that might sound a bit fluffy, but really are the the ones that will see the most change. As I started to write them down, I realised they naturally sort of fell into categories. So I thought that might be the best way to share them... at least for now.


Wellbeing 

I am going to to spend the next 12 months focusing on my holistic health. Sounds fancy huh? It is sort of I suppose. I am talking about everything, from nutrition, to exercise. Mental health to emotional wellbeing. I will work out more, eat food that nourishes my body, and learn how to nourish my soul with things that don't counter act that. I will swim more, lift heavier weights and take my bike out on adventures. I am going to walk up hills and cook in my kitchen. I am going to get my nails done, and book in for massages or facials. I am going to treat myself like the queen that I am. I am going to look after my body, and put it first for a change.


Focus 

I am going to hone my focus this year. In so many different aspects of my life. I will build financial security for myself by focusing on where I spend my money, I will organise my life and schedule in more, ultimately focusing on who and where I choose to spend my time. I am going to build business by focusing on the things that I love. I am going to focus on my feminism, I am going to be unapologetic and I am going to immerse myself with like minded people who are fighting for the same things I am. I am going to focus on myself, I will choose me.


Creativity

I will spend the next 12 months fuelling my creativity. I am going to continue to photograph things because I love it deeply. I am going to write, blog, and journal. I will read, every week, because there is so much joy in literature. I am going to draw and paint. I am going to create art for the sake of it, not because I have to but because I want to, and because it brings me deep and real joy. I am going to collect memories and document them in fun and vibrant ways. I am going to foster every inch of creative passion that I have.

Phew. I am going to be busy. But ultimately, I am going to be happy. That is the real goal for 2017. Find Joy and embrace it. In whatever form it might come it. Because life is way to short for any of the other bullshit. Happiness is where it is at people. Go and get yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS WEEK ON INSTAGRAM

Back to Top