Let's start again shall we?

Six months ago I changed the design of Hello Tillie for the first time. When I made the change it felt right, I liked the new design and I figured after two years it was time for a change. But you see that was the problem. It felt like I had to change it, so I did. And as I started writing in my newly created space it just didn't feel like home. Something wasn't right. And so my time on the blog over the last six months has been much more sporadic than I would have liked. There was a disconnect, I couldn't put my finger on exactly what, but something just wasn't right.


After some thinking, I realised that design wasn't the only thing that was holding me back. I wasn't connecting with the content of the blog. I wasn't wanting to write only about weight loss and healthy eating. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to continue down the road of finding those things. The more I tried to write, the less I could. Nothing was there, it was like the light had gone out completely. So, I took a break. Part of me wondered if it would indefinite. I didn't know if I would come back, because I didn't know if I really had anything to say.

I started to miss writing. I started to miss connecting with people, and sharing my thoughts and my feelings. Only, I came to a realisation that the things I wanted to write about were much bigger than what I bought at the supermarket, or what exercise I was thinking about doing. The things I wanted to write about were so much broader than that, because my experiences are so much broader than that. I thought about deleting everything, and starting again, under a new name, with a new direction. As I brainstormed, nothing felt right, I just kept coming back to this spot. Hello Tillie. Because its home, and where I know that I want to be.

So what does this all mean exactly? Well basically. I am back. With a new chapter. A blank page I suppose you could say. I am excited and I feel incredibly free about the whole thing. Like the doors have been flung open and I am about to run through them [okay, not run, maybe a brisk walk?] Will I still be writing about my health stuff... absolutely, but there will also be a bunch of other content that I am excited to share. Stuff I always felt didn't belong on Hello Tillie because I wasn't a"insert specific category" type of blogger. Well now I am. I am a "whatever the fuck makes me happy" kind of blogger. And personally, I think that is the best kind.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! So pleased that you've made Hello Tillie your home again and that you're focused on writing what makes you happy rather than what fits into your category list. Can't wait to see and hear more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. I am really excited about the new start. Its going to be great, and hopefully get the writing flowing again!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the new look, welcome home. I look forward to your adventures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. love the new look (obviously) and I can relate with SO MUCH of what you wrote in this post. I feel like our blogging journey has been somewhat hand in hand. I'm excited about what's to come for your blog! I love your fitness posts, but I want more everything Tillie! Whatever makes you happy makes me happy! <3


    love you!

    ReplyDelete

THIS WEEK ON INSTAGRAM

Back to Top